Stuck in a design rut? In the middle of a room makeover and not sure how to proceed? Rhonda Benvie of Help Me Rhonda Interiors and Open Door Furniture & Accents will be at the Raleigh Home Show and stands ready to help in the all new “Ask A Designer” feature. For savvy home and garden obsessed consumers, here are Rhonda’s top trends in design to feather your nest in style and on point.
1. Wallpaper. Rhonda says the current options on the market “aren’t your Grandma’s wallpaper.” Wallpaper that replicates shiplap and brick as well as bold florals are popular designs, and that the key is choose one accent wall in a space to affix wallpaper.
2. Golden Ticket. Metallics continue to be on trend in home design, in particular brushed gold. Use metallic in accessories, fixtures and more.
3. Pretty In Pastels. In addition, Rhonda says pastel colors are making a comeback when it comes to home interiors. The trick to incorporating pops of pastel? Find artwork or throw pillows to keep design current without pastel overload.
4. Style Blender. Another hot trend? Seamlessly blending design styles. “Farmhouse, industry, modern, traditional… they will work together in a space if lines and scales are done right.”
5. Into The Woods. Both national and reclaimed wood is not just for underneath feet – wood is being used on walls, in coffered ceilings and more. Mixing species of wood in furniture, flooring and trends can also be tastefully done.
The Raleigh Home Show takes over the Raleigh Convention Center September 15-17, 2017. With hundred of home improvement experts you're sure to find exactly what you need. Rhonda is onstage Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Get your tickets now!
RALEIGH CONVENTION CENTER
SEPTEMBER 15-17, 2017.